Chins grooming me?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmccoll13

Hey all!

Was just wondering if any of you have experience with your chins "grooming" you. My boy Mojo has done it to me for a pretty long time, but definitely more so as he got older and bonded with me more. Often if I start giving him neck scratches he'll start grooming me in return. And by "grooming" I mean he'll nibble lightly all over my hand and then scoot in close to my hand and basically cuddle me before starting the process over again. Usually I respond by returning the favor with some neck scritches or lightly rubbing his head/face which he seems to enjoy! This can go on for 10-15 minutes at a time too and he seems to really enjoy it. Just wondering if this is common among chinchillas or if I just have a special chinchilla xD

(It was very cute today too-I was doing that with Mojo and Eli, my other chinchilla who lives with and is bonded to Mojo, saw and he came over and started copying Mojo and grooming me as well, and while Eli groomed me, Mojo groomed him and it was pretty cute overall! So clearly chins can learn it from each other, just not sure if it's universal or not!:hmm:)

Back