chins fighting need help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLostLena

Hey guys I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not so please forgive me if not
Well I've 4 male chins 1 was here before the other 3 as the others where bought from the same breeder at the same time,we keep them in a big cage which is split in half with the cage divide
The 3 chins get on fine with each other but there is one dominant one
Little beano is on the other side on his own he gets on well with the others except for Gaston (the dominant one)
Recently I've notice them fighting through the bars and would break it up
Unfortunately one night when I came up little beans has a small bite taken out of his ear which what we think was a fight through the bars
I put up a barrier along the bar so the couldn't get to one another from the bottom
But unfortunately I seen tonight beans has a little what seems like a bite or cut on his nose,
Possibly from fight again the divide is constantly there never taken away
Can anyone give me tips on what to do?
Also Gaston seems a little "moody" towards the others
We came to the conclusion of possibly giving him back to the breeder which said if there were problems shed take them back, but I'm wondering if that would cause depression for the others who grew up with him,
Can anyone help? Thanks for your time :)

If they are fighting, separate them. Any time you have more than one chin you run the risk of them fighting and you should always be prepared by having a separate cage. I personally would not take him back to the breeder. He's just being himself.

Instead of having a partitioned cage, have a separate one, where they can't get near each other. That may be all you need to do to take care of the problem.

If they are fighting just move there cages farther apart. Some chins just don't get along with others.I would keep him, just not so close to the other chin.

Separating them is probably best or you might have lost fingers next. :-(

Not sure what the cage looks like but if it is one big cage with a wire divider in the middle...maybe change that divider to a solid wood panel instead. Chin-safe woods are noted on this forum. Wishing you the best!

I think Gaston is the one that needs separation, if he is moody too he might not like the group atmosphere. The other two have each other so I bet they will be happier without him rather than depressed.

Latest posts

Back