Chins ears

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBellonax

Last night two of my chinchillas got into a fight and both have ear damage now. :(. I have them separated now and have treated the wounds with triple antibiotic ointment. I've been searching the forum but cannot find anything about ear re growth. Does anybody know if their ears will grow back to normal or not? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I really didn't want them to have to go through this! They've been fine the entire time I've had them and never fought until last night. Ughh my poor babies 😣

It depends on the amount of damage done really. I had one chin whose ears were all crinkled and folded due to being attacked from another chin. Another just had a bite mark and it healed to have just a small bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my chins had a small notch out of her ear that was apparently done by either her mother or one of her siblings. It never filled in: just healed around the edges. The notch was permanent, but didn't affect her in any way.

From what I have seen, missing pieces do not fill in. Scratches and cuts will heal. If the ear folds or creases curing the healing, it will remain that way.

Latest posts

Back