Chin's ears bright pink/red

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinfonian

We just noticed that our beige girl's ears were very bright pink/red, with much more color than usual (looking like they were seeing a bit more circulation). I put my finger through the cage bars and they felt slightly warm to the touch. When I went to pick her up, she darted around the cage for a moment and her ears went back to normal. Since then, her ears tend to be brighter when at rest and look more normal when she's up and about. We're wondering if this is an indicator of heat problems? For reference, the apartment is very cool right now (~62 F), and the other chins seem fine.

Have any other owners of beige chins noticed anything like this?

Beige chins ears turn very red when they are sleeping. But ears turning red is also a sign of overheating. Just make sure that is not the case with her. I have several beige chins and they all get very dark pink ears while they are sleeping--it's really cute.

When our beige boys' ears turn pink we know it's either time to turn the heat down or the fan up. Never noticed pink ears when they are sleeping...I'll have to go take a peak :)

Back