Chins behaviour changed :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Hi we have had our boys frankie and benny for about 4 months. They are both around 2 years old. Frankie has always been the layed back one easy to pick up lets you hold and pet him. Benny has always been shyer and smaller and like lightning lol! Recently Frankie seems to have had a personality transplant. They have started fighting, poor benny can't get any where near him without him grutting and growling at him and raising onto his back legs. Today he's just gone for my little girl its just so unlike him. Any one experienced anything similar x

is he in pain? hair ring maybe? teeth? you will deffinatly need to separate the chins if one is being aggressive or you may end up with a dead chin

:( thought about that myself not had any experience with hair ring I know male chins can suffer from them. Neither have had one yet but I will check. There's def something not right with him he's been a top of cage for ages he just laying in his hamack. He took se fresh hay from me last night and his treat but not really seen him moving about a lot. Think I might have to get him checked out at vets if its not a hair ring. Hate to think of him in any pain. Hes making benny upset as well :(

I would take him to a vet. You have to watch for changes in personality and such for clues as to when they are sick. They won't outwardly show you because they are prey animals. It's also going to be time to separate them. It's just too much of a risk and someone could easily be injured.

Got him an appointment later today Not seen him move all day even when I go to talk to him he just lays there looking at me. He normally comes over but not today. I hand fed him some hay last night but haven't seen him go to his food bowl either hope he's ok :(

Keep us updated! Sending good thoughts for Frankie!

Well had frankie to vets but he can't find anything physically wrong with him :/ hearts fine, chest is clear can't feel anything wrong in his abdomen teeth all good front and back. So back to square one don't know of he's just fed up with Benny!! But they have had play time tonight and been fine together. Very confused

I would keep them separated. if there has been aggression between them it is to risky to put them together again.

We'll Frankie is doing much better than he was thank you everyone maybe chins can have some off days like us!! They are still caged together at min. They still have a few moments but nothing like they did. I've found if they start I've gone over to cage and told them no and walked away they do stop?? Don't know if it's like kids the more attention I gave them while they were fighting the worse they were??

Latest posts

Back