Chins and toilet paper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush

Hello, I'm a new chin owner, and my new chin (tally) keeps trying to steal the toilet paper out of my hand while scooping out some of her mess from her cage, I have read on here that toilet paper rolls were good toys, but what about actual pieces of toilet paper? and is there any chance that the little bit of glue that is on the toilet paper roll in any way potentially harmful to her?

I wouldn't let her get any toilet paper, but a toilet paper roll shouldn't cause any problems. I cut them in half and stuff them with hay for the chins every other week or so. They don't actually ingest the tube, they just tear it to shreds.

yah know, try wearing those plastic gloves that are throw aways, maybe it might be easier for you..

oh the toilet paper was just a temporary thing, she was just chasing it and my hand, it was adorable and it's not really a problem, I just thought the toilet paper might be a nice toy since she seemed so smitten with it. But if there is a chance it might hurt her I didn't want to let her have any. I have a ferret nation cage and the bottom is plastic, I'm either going to order or make some fleece liners for the cage tomorrow.

i no the feeling. my girls try to take any tp or paper towel if they see it as well. Thats why i usually try to do it when their out of the cage, or when they're asleep.

If you decide to give them the rolls, id advise watching them carefully. I say that because my girls do no just tear them up, they actually try to eat the whole thing. So i stopped trying that'

My boys go crazy over toilet paper and any kind of paper towel, I have to be really careful when I am cleaning their cage because if I put it down for a second they steal it and run away. Have the same problem as Godofgods has, they eat the tp rolls so I had to stop giving them

Paper seems to be the crack of chinchillas!!! Mine are always eager to steal anything made of paper!!! They seem so pleased with themselves when they are able to snatch it from me and run!!! Mommy always gets it back, though!!! :thumbsup:

Back