Chins and ferrets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabe

Is ok to put a chinchilla in the same room with a ferret? I just want make sure there's no weird illnesses that can passed between them. Or stress my chin out. I've tried looking online and couldn't really find anything so thought I'd ask on here.

Ferrets can kill chins,birds,ive even heard of them killing cats. So the ferret shouldnt be out of its cage in the same room as the chin at all.
I almost got a ferret until a read about one biteing a cat by the stomach and trying to pull it in the cage....
Maybe i will get a ferret someday but not while i have a cat or a chin!

No, I have my ferret in my bedroom. I keep the door closed in case he escapes. I had a ferret escape before and he pulled a bird out of it's cage and ate it. They have a strong preditor drive.

Agree with the above. I have both ferrets and chins. The ferrets are never allowed in the chin room. It stresses the chins and the ferrets are far too interested in trying to get ahold of a chin. Not a good mix in the same room.

Wow ok thanks all very very much. He will be nowhere near my beloved Chinny. I had no idea they were that preditorially driven.

Back