Chins and degus in Saskatchewan

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Vole

hi there!
I have been raising small mammals for decades including hedgehogs in the past. Right now I am concentrating on degus with a side-order of chinchillas. About 2 weeks ago, one of my chinchillas gave birth to two healthy girls but I have had some past baby chinchillas die for no obvious reason so I was looking for chinchilla care sites to find advice. I was disappointed in not finding any active sites... until today.:thumbsup:

I live in the Canadian prairies (about 100 miles north of where Montana, North Dakota, and Canada meet). I found this place by looking for "degu habitat" and finding a post about viscashas on this forum. http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15117

Welcome to CnH. :)

Two of my favorite critters! Degu are so much fun - everyone should have one.

I think you'll find we're pretty active here. Glad you found us.

Welcome!

I just wanted to say that degus are amazing animals. We were wanting a couple, but they are becoming increasingly harder to find. We decided to go for a chinchilla :) .

My oldest degu boy died at the age of 9 1/2 three years ago. I miss him so much..

You forgot to mention that Saskatchewan is in between Alberta and Manitoba. Welcome fellow Canadian.
Expat living by Seattle but very proudly from Winnipeg. Nice to see another Canadian, welcome.

Back