Chins and Day Light's Saving Time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnhappyRefrain

My 1 year old male chin has a sudden change in behavior and it seems to be ever since the clocks were changed. He seems a lot more fearful and he is hiding a lot more. Everything else is normal however. He just seems extra skittish.

I was wondering if the change in time could be confusing him. He was a baby this time last year and he was still getting used to a routine. Anybody else have similar experiences with chins? It's the only thing I can think of that could be bothering him.

I don't think it would be affecting him. I've got 200 chins here and they pay no attention to it. You never know though, chins are weird.

Mine has definitely been a bit annoyed that I am doing things at a different time and it's confusing her schedule (my chin has a very predictable schedule, it's really funny how punctual she is most days).

Normally I wake up, interact with her for a bit, then she eats and goes to sleep. Now she's not ready for either of those things when I wake up, but I can't shift my morning schedule because of work.

She's acting fairly normal overall, just seems confused/annoyed that I decided to do things at a different time.

Because our play times are scheduled at 6 am (when the people wake up) and then again at 7 pm (after our dinner time), my girls notice the time change and they do not like it. Sometimes it takes weeks before they adjust completely. I try to ease them into it and start going 15 min earlier or later, depending on the time change, for a week before but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

If you don't have a set schedule, I guess your chins might not care? Since our schedule is very regular, its quite noticeable when the clocks spring forward or fall back.

so this proves that not chins but people are weird by altering the time. Time change always affects me and it's one of these disruptions I don't like.
Chins have other advantages they don't buy anything apart from music they hear in the radio and TV, they also don't care about bacteria and viruses.

Back