chins and aircondition

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby and Elmo

i was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as i do, ok, i have 4chins, and 3split types aircondition which runs 24/7 in turns, this has been going on for about 7yrs.
my problem is their fur or dust maybe, it clogs up my condition and making it drip water, we call in a handyman to clean all the airconditions every 6 months with their big guns, but it still drips after 3 or so months.
i mean, i only have 4 chins, i.cant imagine the amount of shed breeders have, how do you guys overcome this, is there any thing i can do?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have double filters on the air intake and clean them weekly to keep down the amount that actually makes it into the AC unit. I do get my AC cleaned yearly in the middle of the winter so I don't have to worry about being out of AC for a week. Its amazing how much hair and dust accumulate in a weeks time.

I use a window unit and it does get clogged up with dust and fur. Mine also drips water. I do believe it is from the humidity pulling the water out of the air. I can be wrong on this since it doesn't happen all the time. I usually replace my a/c every 2 to 3 years. I just purchase a spare when they go on clearance.

I have a window unit, and we clean it out really really good before we put it in. We basically take it apart as much as we can and scrub or vacuum out every part we can get. Then we try to clean the filter and air intake about twice a month. We have an air purifier running constantly too, and that gets the filter and intake cleaned once a week.

i also have an air purifier running too, it does get alot fur and dust, but still, my ACs are dying alot faster than before, living in HK, to replace an AC is very troublesome, we all live in high rise apartment like units, to replace it would mean scaffolding outside our building and taking the whole thing out, window units would be alot easier to replace, thats why i was wondering if there was anyways to prolong my ACs.
i was thinking of the air filters, but the AC guy told us that would make the AC hard to breath. i might try that anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back