Chinny with a upset tummy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Embie

Hello, I have a 3 month old Chinny who was on Matacam from Thursday 30th June. Since Sunday morning he started to have soft poop, But tonight they look more softer with no shape and sometimes can be a bit big looking. I've removed all food/treats so right now he only has oxbow timothy hay and one charcoal cob as well as fresh water and a Calcium Stick from Pets at home. He is off to the vets tomorrow morning "he would of gone tonight but I can't get to the vets"
He's still very active, side surfing his cage and playing with his toys.

Is there anything else I can give him that might help him? :hmm:

What is the diagnosis on this chin? Metecam needs to be given with food to prevent stomach/cecum issues.

Calcium Stick from Pets at home.:hmm:

I don't really have any advice with regards to the medicine affecting your chin but I would get rid of the calcium stick as they are not a good treat and maybe having an affect on digestion as well. I used to buy those for my chin and they changed his droppings a little bit. The honey and grains are not that great for chinchilla's. Hope you figure out whats wrong with your little chin. :)

Heya, Just letting you all know Schnookie had the vets this morning.

He was given Fibreplex 15ml twice a day also Bio-Lapis for his water. They also cleaned him up for me which is great because he's like a little worm. He hasn't lost too much weight either and his temperature was normal.. So hopefully he'll start pooping normal again soon, Till then sponge and gloves are on stand by.

Oh yes and they said the matacam was the reason behind his upset tummy.

:))

Back