chinny and indoor fresh air ? and questions about respiratory

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

At night as long as its cool chin-chin likes to play on my desk with me and go in the window sill.....its this ok are chins ...we dont have to much pollen here yet I wont let her sit in the sill when I start seeing any floaty pollen Im allergic too we would both me cranky....also how to chins get respiratory infections Ive looked and cant see how....im always worrying about something and I am trying always to be preventive TY freinds

I'm not entirely sure exactly how they get respiratory infections but when it's cold outside I do leave a window or 2 open and just make sure my dehumidifier is on 55.

my chin room window stays cracked open all winter long and my boys are perfectly healthy. the window is across the room from their cage and i keep the curtain closed so the cool air goes pretty much straight down from the window as it mixes with the room air, and that way cold air does not go straight across the room. up here in Edmonton we have low humidity to begin with, so i don't worry about that at all in the winter. in the summer, my AC runs if the room goes above 70 F.

that being said, you don't want a strong wind blowing into the room, as that can cause a draft. on super windy days i will leave the window open only a smidgen, just enough to keep the room cool enough but not cause a wind storm in there.

Latest posts

Back