Chinnie wheels - Which to choose?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenxx810

The wheel that Oliver came with was a trash, plastic comfort wheel from a pet store, so I took it out of his cage and haven't used it since. Will all chins use a wheel? I've been looking into buying him one of the various nicely built custom ones online, I just hope he'd actually use it. Any input on this? How do your chins feel about wheels?

I recently got a flying saucer wheel for Ruffle, and she's taken to it quite well. I've read that some chinchillas don't know how to work on them, but they're pretty economical on space, and lets them hop around like they would naturally do.

My chin loves his Chin Spin from Quality Cage. (Make sure it's the 15" one).
He took to it right away. He was running in it within 24hrs, and he also uses it to sleep in because it's a cool surface. :)

When my girls are bigger, they have a metal flying saucer wheel from Meadowbrook Chinchillas they'll get in their cage. But they aren't fully grown yet :)

Does anyone know where to order a Chin Spin wheel in Canada?

Quality Cage in the USA. You will be hit with duty that is equal to the shipping basically double the cost of the wheel. Plus you have exchange it to Canadian funds. Very expensive but worth it!

The only proper wheel you can buy in Canada is the Flying Saucer which Flowertown Chinchillas carries.

Back