Chinnie Identity Crisis

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheena lee

We recently found out that our 7 month old chin, Chester, is actually a girl. I'm still trying to decide between sticking with calling him Chester (the transsexual chin) or Chia the girl...

He/she is really a sweetie. I'm really glad we found out sooner than later, because I have been semi-looking to adopt another chin from a rescue and was obviously looking for other males lol. And I'm really really glad I don't have to deal with hair rings!

What do you think? Keep the name Chester, or change to Chia? She certainly is a pretty girl...

6541490035_62538c4dfa_z.jpg

6541504737_38cf367d8e_z.jpg

6541434601_ae1c73c66c_z.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I´m going to be a black sheep and vote to keep it Chester, but change the spelling to Chesta to put a unique spin on it ;)

Chia is my nephews nick name and he is a male..lol either way I like both names..

I've started more consistently calling her 'she' but it's so hard to call her Chia, I've just been avoiding names altogether...

Chesta was on the list during our first discussion, but my bf doesn't like it so much.

She's a Chia pet! LOLZ. I like either name, and if she's still new, she probably doesn't identify to the first one yet anyway.. Heck, I have chins who I think willingly ignore me when I call their name, and they've always had the same one. :D
She's a cutie, BTW. Pretty eyes.

She never did get used to Chester... maybe she's been thinking all this time, "I'm a girl. Would you STOP calling me a boy's name?" and refusing to answer to it lol.

We also have a lot of nicknames, which has probably confused her. Chester-Bee, Bee, Mr. Poo, Chester-Poo... (the last 2 are my bf's, which he's changed to Miss Poo now haha)

Oh I like chessie! When we briefly thought tilly was a boy because she was mounting gizmo (beefore we knew that was normal intro behavior) we called her billy. For the rest of her life it kind of stuck and I would rotate the names haha. As long as I said it in the same tone...she knew it was her

Hmm, Chessie sounds too much like Jessie, and I know and dislike too many people of that name lol

We knew we wanted to keep the "Ch" at the beginning, so my bf went through a list one night and we picked from there - Chia was the one we could both agree on.

Back