Chinchillas - Wheels or saucers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessePolicy

I'm getting one or the other for my chin, however I do not know which will actually be used or is best for chinchillas. Any help would be great!

I have both. My chins with saucers love their saucers and my chins with chin spins love them.

I did have a chin that just wouldn't run on a saucer but the other 2 that have them now, took to them in less than a day.

Sorry I can't help you go either way. Both are great wheels!

I have the chin spin and Yumi would be lost without it. I even bring it with me when I spend weekends away so she can have it in her "weekend retreat." The only problem for me is it is very heavy and unless you have a Ferret Nation or cage with lots of side welds, it will probably break them as it has mine.

I received a flying saucer for Allie this week. As of yet, she has not tried it. She has sniffed it out and has also placed her paws on it but hasn't jumped on. I hope she takes to it as it is a big investment.

Good luck finding the "right" one!

I woke up this morning to her running on her saucer. She LOVES it.

So I will give a thumbs up to the saucer. LOL!

I received a flying saucer for Allie this week. As of yet, she has not tried it. She has sniffed it out and has also placed her paws on it but hasn't jumped on. I hope she takes to it as it is a big investment.

Good luck finding the "right" one!

Sometimes it takes a while! I bought a saucer for my first two girls and Sally got it right away but Amy never could quite get the hang of it. I ended up buying the chin spin just for her, and for a while they had both in the cage. Eventually, however, they both neglected the saucer to run on the chin spin, so I ended up trading my saucer away.

The chin spin is cheaper and just as nice, and easier to figure out.

I actually got my chinnies from the inventor of the saucer so they came with the saucer. They LOVE it. I personally couldn't picture them running on anything else. I highly recommend it, it just makes more sense to me as well.

Latest posts

Back