Chinchillas throwing a fit!!!! o.0

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccChalieAndSpruce99chins

so i was only away for one night, i went to san diego and i live in LA area.

they had plenty of food/hay and water.

i just got home
and they dont look very happy!!!

they all threw a fit at me the water bottles dessappeared!(on the ground)
i was like how did they manager to doo that,

anyways, i was jus wondering if any of you guys chin/chins throw fits at u?

chin4-1.jpg

:( he doesnt look happy

chin3-1.jpg

chin2-1.jpg

the mess, i put the water bottles back btw.
please dont mind the mess i took the pictures before i cleaned their cages out.
the white bird cage is trevor's cage hes a sugar glider.
the super pet ferret cage is my rats cage, they keep themselfs clean but not their cage!
and the security pooch!

anyways, the chins dont get to have new toys yet, bcuz i ordered a chin house from twilight chin and shes working on it, i also bought lots of toys, amazing toys im just waiting for my packages!

i left out Choncho(my new chinchilla)hes fine he didnt thew a fit, hes very chill, he doesnt like attention as much so i just leave him alone, but hes too cute i cant stop staring at him, i love his face he looks like a teddy bear!

:)

and just some random baby chinchilla pics.
i do not give her treats anymore guys i promise.
i only give her oats now
these pics were taken a few days ago.

and no more playtime for her, so she doesnt burn out her calories.
but i do take her out and sorta just hold her and pet her.

i notice that she gets soft droppings everytime i offer her treats.

another question she is 2 months old now
and i still give her mama alfalfa hay since 'shes a mom'
but Lea the baby still lives with her mom, how am i suppose to give lea timothy hay without worrying about the mom eating all of it.
i researched abit on google, and it says 2 months old chins should be given timothy hay instead of alfalfa but the mom still needs it.

should i separte them and get a new cage for the baby
i kinda dont want to seperate them cuz they are really bonded..

Just a thought . I don't think you are suppose to have all these different animals in.such close quarters to each other. I always kept my sugar gliders across the room from my chins. If they HAD to be next to eachother a very thick blanket or towel was out between the cages .

You are one super proud mama! Love all the pics.

I work from home so my Momo is used to seeing me all day. On monday and tuesday this week I was out of the house all day and on tuesday evening Mo wouldn't even come to the cage bars to say hi. Not even when I offered him a treat!
It's good to know that they like having us around :)

Looks like we have the same love for similar critters! I have a FN142 with my 2 boy chins in it, beside that is another FN142 with my rat boys below and my male glider above them. It was just neat that you have the same chin, rat, glider thing going on! Oh and my lab/chow thinks that she is the mommy of all of them!! Great little critter family that you have, congrats! :thumbsup:

Back