Chinchillas and damage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinnychinchin88

Hello i am a recent owner of chinchillas. My landlord saw they were in the house and has had bad experiences with dogs and cats in the past and feels apprehensive towards any animal. To remedy these concerns we placed the chinchillas in their own room that I made ( from scratch) so they could not chew on anything. The room has a hard concrete floor. Now my landlord is saything that they will produce smells and their poop and urine will stain the concrete and be unable to be removed. She is an ignorant lady and i plan on educating her that chinchillas aren't the menace she believes (except for chewing and being escape artists). I've scoured the internet and found a couple of sources but nothing i would consider factually accurate. My question is do any of you have any resources i could use to convince her that their excrements won't damage the concrete. I would also be so unbelievably happy if a breeder would write something maybe a story or something i could show her. I love my chinchillas and i don't want to have to get rid of them because of someones unsubstainiated fears.

Anything at all would be so amazing.

i dont have any sources to site, but even if the worst happened and it did stain; the great thing about concrete is you can throw a layer over it.

When i moved into the place im at now i made some alterations to their room as well. I put down a new liminite floor, as well as covered the walls with fleece. Maybe something similar could work there?

2d744d48-2d06-48c9-b393-84c8a9c4df9a_zpsqohvrvsj.jpg

Im not sure what else to say rly. Even when my chins do pee on the floor, its little droplets. Its such a small amount.

Story story story. . . Don't have one! Uhhh let's see... do as you said with convincing her that there adorable and wonderful animals. They poop more then they pee and even then urine isn't a huge problem...what else...using my brain... elaborate on how if in any event something occurs that you'll handle the situation before to prevent a future disater... That's all I got =-[

Well I guess I would tell her that chinchillas are technically small caged animals and that their cages will contain them to the fullest. Of course, any damage that does occur you will have to have a plan to fix (which, honestly, isn't tough if you watch them like a hawk when they're out). It's not as if they will live directly on the concrete, nor be able to wreck the space if they're being monitored. My main point to her would be that they will live in their cages, their cages are extremely secure, and that they are little furry balls of joy. I'd stress that they are not free-roaming animals like cats or dogs and her past experiences with those animals should not pertain to chinchillas. Hopefully, she'll hear ya.

How about putting a large plastic sheet on the floor and walls. I thinkk Home Depot & Lowe's carries it.

Latest posts

Back