Chinchilla Tattoo!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadouneko

Wasn't quite sure where this should be suitably posted, but I was looking for some feedback/suggestions on a tattoo I really want to get! Right over my heart, near the shoulder area, I want to get my chin's pawprints. I didn't want to get just any pawprint picture I find online, I want his. I'm just having trouble acquiring them.. I wasn't sure on a safe method to do so, being as he can't get wet at all.. my latest idea that I've just tried, was that I put a big mat of felt around his dust bath area so that after he takes his bath, he would go onto the mat and his footprints will appear on there! Great idea theoretically, except they didn't really appear that well. /: Is there anyone that has successfully and safely acquired their chin's prints? Or have any ideas on how to do so?

I know one or two people have gotten their chins foot prints tattooed on them. It is a hard process to get.

I'd keep trying with the dust bath. Dust on the floor, on a black book shelf, etc....

hopefully someone who has done it can come in and give you ideas!

Best I've found we're dust prints on foam... Like the craft foam... Like the foam alphabet or shapes? If you know what I'm talking about... Or the soft black foam like running shoe material... Hopefully that makes sense... I've always got clean prints on my shoes :p

Thank you both! I've seen some posts online about people using edible ink and food dye.. but I'm not too sure if I feel so safe with that..
@melbur: I know exactly what you're talking about! I used to work in a daycare so I'm familiar with those letter things. Haha. But yes! Foam rubber is a great idea!
If not that, I was also thinking some kind of non-toxic soft clay..but then again, he might not even be heavy enough to leave anything.. ahaha. I'm so excited to try this foam method because it makes sense! I really want this tattoo! <3

If you don't mind the chin having some blue hands for a while, you could always use some blu-kote to get the paw prints. It stains like crazy and as long as it is wet, it will transfer from the chin onto anything. I've used it a couple times to get prints. On one chin I just used washable craft paint and washed her paws off when I was done. It doesn't hurt them to get wet.

Maybe get a photo of the bottom of her foot and the tattoo artist can work from that?

@RDZ: Blu kote? Is that some sort of dye? I tried looking it up and all I was getting was medicines. I don't know. I'm really paranoid about his fur getting wet at all. /:
@melbur: Yay! Thanks! I'm an avid craftstore shopper so I'm sure I'll have no problem finding anything like that. ^^
@dragsil: It's funny because I thought of the exact same thing. Haha. The only problem is getting him to sit still.. but that's definitely a great idea, too.
Thanks so much!

Blue Kote is a quick drying wound dressing. It will stain your chinchilla a purple-ish blue color where it is sprayed, and you should avoid spraying near your chinchillas face.

Blue Kote is a quick drying wound dressing. It will stain your chinchilla a purple-ish blue color where it is sprayed, and you should avoid spraying near your chinchillas face.

Hmm... I don't know how safe I feel with that. Theoretically it's a good idea..as is food coloring and whatnot.. but I don't think I'm comfortable with staining him.

Back