Chinchilla swing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 1x6 upward to a 1x10 pieces. Just wasn't sure about preference to length. I generally use 22 inch long pieces myself since my cages are 24 wide.

I use 1x6 in all my cages. None of my chins have problems with that size, they all sit/sleep on them including my pig-chin Lexi, who weighs about 880grams.

I use 1x6 as well.

Have you given any more though to multi-level chin homes? Watson and I would love to hear what you have to say about it! :)

I have a FN, so the shelves are either 36" or 24" w/ the corners taken off to flush to three edges when I screw them in. For everything else I tend to go w/ 8" (between shelves, height of their hide, etc.) since they're roughly the size of your hand, which is 8" from thumb tip to the tip of your little finger.

So roughly the same size as say a Quality cage shelf then. If you have pictures, I'd love some visuals. Thanks for the input! I need to start writing things down on paper, as well as those ideas that come in the middle of the night, and so easily forgotten once I wake up! :p

Some people just won't give up! LOL So here is my idea of a multi level house!!!
Nah, a snow day so had to play with building blocks!!

The front of the house would have a hole on the right for the chin to go into,then a hole on the upper left hand side going into the top house.
I could put a little ledge on the landing/patio and make a pillow, or leave it as it is. Do keep in mind I was using scrap wood, and wood cut for other things so it is a bit rough, but gives you a general idea.
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• Front of multi level house.JPG
    Front of multi level house.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Side view multi level house.JPG
    Side view multi level house.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 30
I have some pics of my cage in my profile album. I can get specific measurements when I'm home and find a tape measure.

As for the house, I like it. :) You could even do a slight inset on the "patio" part sized to hold a Chinchiller so they can have a place to "chill out" that won't fall off the shelf.

Some people just won't give up! LOL So here is my idea of a multi level house!!!
Nah, a snow day so had to play with building blocks!!

The front of the house would have a hole on the right for the chin to go into,then a hole on the upper left hand side going into the top house.
I could put a little ledge on the landing/patio and make a pillow, or leave it as it is. Do keep in mind I was using scrap wood, and wood cut for other things so it is a bit rough, but gives you a general idea.
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Love it! A little patio with a fleece pillow would be too cute! Keep up the great work, you've definitely suckered me into being a lifelong customer!! :thumbsup:

I have some pics of my cage in my profile album. I can get specific measurements when I'm home and find a tape measure.

As for the house, I like it. :) You could even do a slight inset on the "patio" part sized to hold a Chinchiller so they can have a place to "chill out" that won't fall off the shelf.

Oh I can see it now. A little patio area for a fleece pillow in the winter time, and a chinchiller during the summer! lol Great idea!
Hmm or a house but instead of a pool a removable dusting area! I need an off switch for the brain. It hurts!!

I can make a multiple level house, but this would be something specially made to order. So whenever Watson is ready. :)

Latest posts

Back