Chinchilla Sounds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I found the website of sounds chins make. If anyone like to look at the website here it is again http://www.cheekychinchillas.com/chinsounds.html

I was trying to look for it cuz one of my chins made a sound I never heard before. What happen was I was close to the cage and she came up. So I put my face in front of her and she reach out to give me kisses and she made chirp sounds. It actually my first time hearing her do that. It does not sound like a bark it sound like a bird soft chirp.

My chinchilla sometimes makes a few sounds not on that list! Mostly she makes the chatter noise but every few months she makes a REALLY loud noise like one of those squeaky toys you get for dogs (but a bit deeper). And sometimes when I've been grooming her a while she gets fed up with me and makes a noise a bit like a dog barking (I usually give up then :p)

My chinchilla sometimes makes a few sounds not on that list! Mostly she makes the chatter noise but every few months she makes a REALLY loud noise like one of those squeaky toys you get for dogs (but a bit deeper). And sometimes when I've been grooming her a while she gets fed up with me and makes a noise a bit like a dog barking (I usually give up then :p)

My chins make that squeaky dog toy sound too!!! Right before they do it though, they do this little sound that soudns like a human clicking their tongue on the roof of their mouth, and then make the loud squeaks. I don't know what it means!!!

What about a cute little slurping sound followed by teeth chattering??? I think he clicks his tongue too along with the slurping. Haha. Thoughts on what it all means?

Latest posts

Back