Chinchilla Sounds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narumi

I have two chinchillas and one or both of them are making this terrible shrieking noise. They're about 8 or 9 weeks now, boys. When they make this sound, they're in their cage and no one is around it to threaten them or anything. When checked on, they don't appear to be hurt in any way.

Are they just seeking attention? They don't do it for more than a few minutes and quit when I walk in the room.

In this link http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Chinchilla_Sounds.aspx I think it sounds like #5 but I'm not sure if it's identical.

Thanks in advance!

It is probably a warning call. They probly hear something that makes them feel threatened and it is normal. I have had chins for years and still hear this sound.

have you heard them "chatter" yet.. well thats what i call it, not sure what its really called.. but when they are happy/content and its this low pitched sound. i love it

I have no idea why they would feel threatened if nothing is going on around them.

Latest posts

Back