chinchilla scream not bark sound?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

Last night chin made a scream sound like a loud one not a bark.....( shes does that enough when she wants us lol)
my teenage daughter said it screamed horrid so she woke me right up I ran to chin checked on her she was fine no injury's eating...pooping drinking fine but we dont know the sound....I googled all over but cant find it does anyone have it on tape ?

TY and now Im paranoid something was wrong even though she is examined and fine why would she scream so loud???

I have a few that do that - all come from the same line. It certainly is scary. After 15 years of hearing it every so often, I still run to see what is going on. Each and every time the chin looks at me as if to say 'what took you so long'. It is an attention getter - little buggers

I have a few that do that - all come from the same line. It certainly is scary. After 15 years of hearing it every so often, I still run to see what is going on. Each and every time the chin looks at me as if to say 'what took you so long'. It is an attention getter - little buggers

I am hoping I wont hear it again but you never know....but the way my daughter described it ...it was a terrible terrible scream!!! wow to know you have a few that make that noise I wonder why some do it and some dont lol

OK we found out she did this sound here "upset and annoyed"

from the website sounds credit to "cheeky chinchillas"
http://www.cheekychinchillas.com/chinsounds.html

why would she be doing this no one was making noise or annoying her no one was bothering her Im so worried Im a over worrier sorry..............

LOL!! My male makes that noise all the time. He tries to pull his fleece liner apart and he gets very angry, screams like that then starts running around the cage. He also whimpers a lot like a baby chin.

She was annoyed you weren't there - the little buggers know how to train a person

you know that may be true !!! I agree

LOL!! My male makes that noise all the time. He tries to pull his fleece liner apart and he gets very angry, screams like that then starts running around the cage. He also whimpers a lot like a baby chin.

TY I am starting to feel a wee better knowing a few others have "annoyed screaming chins " LOL I am really learning even as time goes by with a chin they do have truly unique personality's.!!!

Latest posts

Back