Chinchilla peeing on me.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreenbmp

double chin trouble
So we have recently nursed our sick chinchilla back to health, he is come tell better after a repertory infection, he had this when we bought him. So he hasn't had any play time. He is very young...maybe around 4 months. We have taken him out three times. We have a blocked off section with hard wood floor so he can get used to being out of the cage...however...we out down a piece of fleece on the floor, and he went over and peed on it! The next day I was wearing pajama pants, and he peed on those! Same thing today, he peed on me again. He is very friendly, loves attention, loves to crawl on us. All his peeing
episode are him coming to us, we don't even touch him when it happends.

My guess is he is marking you as his territory. I have a female that does that whenever I bring a new chin into "her" room. She climbs up in my lap, puts her paws on my face, touches noses and then pees on me. I wear a bib when I know she is going to do it.

Aime pees on you if you try to hold her around sleepy time. I'm not sure if we just wake her up and she needs to pee or if she does it on purpose to send a message. We just make sure she's active and alert before taking her out of the cage instead of scooping her up when she's first waking up or going to sleep. They usually nap from 11am to 3-4pm and then they are active again.

Back