Chinchilla Paw Print Tattoos/Blue Kote Advice!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SariReanna

Hey guys! So I've been looking into getting a tattoo of my chinnies paws for quite a while now, and after doing lots of research and reading other threads most people seemed to agree that Dr. Naylor's Blue Kote spray was the best & safest way to take their paw prints.

So I picked some of that up, but now I'm wondering what the best way to actually take his paw prints would be. Some people said they sprayed some on a piece of paper and let them run through and put blank sheets of paper around it to get lots of prints. Do you think this would be the best way? Does anyone have any other ideas for methods?

Also, I'm a bit worried about tons of it getting on his fur. He's a Wilson White so I'm afraid of staining him purple! If any does get on his fur is there any really safe way I can remove it? Will it come off naturally from dust baths & grooming??

Thanks! :)

When my pink/white turned into a blue kote mosaic when he got it all over himself, it took a couple of months to go away by itself, he looked cute IMO.

If you put down some black material before they dust and then let them walk on it after dusting, that works pretty good too!

I had black sweat pants on here while they dusted and Inca put his paws up on my leg!

Attachments

• paws.jpg
    paws.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 45
I think the dust would wipe away or get too distorted easily. I Think I'd try to lay down many sheets of white paper, and give your idea a try. If they don't show up strong enough just try again with a thicker layer. =)

Back