Chinchilla opens door

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huffnpoof

So we often let Poof run around in our dining room as there's not really much trouble she can get into. We have french doors to our kitchen, so to keep her out all we had to do was close them. HAD being the key word. Apparently she's learned to open them. We caught in on video:
http://youtu.be/2Dctostvt7k

This is funny to watch. lol Ive had ferrets that learned how to open there cage doors but fortunately my chins haven't. They do move everything around there cage tho that isn't bolted down.

If theres one thing Ive realized, its that once a chin figures it out, they will always try to do it. Maybe try getting one of those Capitan Hook locks?

Such a smart chin. They may be the nimble ones, but they will always keep you on your toes as well.

I have one chin who wall surfs off the french doors to open them. If he hits them hard enough the force of his bounce bounces them open!

Awww that's so cute and funny! They really are so smart. My first chin used to like the show George Lopez. When I would change the channel or turn the tv off, he would throw his food at me! He was such a silly chin, with so much personality.

Lol! That's hilarious! George Lopez?! xD

Yup!! He used to watch it every night! He'd sit in the front corner of his cage, up on his back two legs with his front two paws on the cage bars, looking out at the TV. It was the funniest and cutest thing!

Awww that's so cute and funny! They really are so smart. My first chin used to like the show George Lopez. When I would change the channel or turn the tv off, he would throw his food at me! He was such a silly chin, with so much personality.

It's crazy how they have such specific tastes. My friend has a chin who loves ESPN. She is fascinated by football but turns her back on golf and basketball.

My chin loves when we play the guitar or piano. She gets all excited and starts bouncing around her cage. If she's out she'll actually come right up to the guitar and check it out. The catch with her is that it has to be live music. She doesn't seem to care about anything pre-recorded. Here's a pic of her coming over to check out the (dusty) guitar after a dust bath!

Attachments

• PICT0656.jpg
    PICT0656.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back