Chinchilla not moving help 6/29 pst 11:40

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efrentheminer

My chin fluffy isn't moving he hasn't been active since yesterday.here is a list of problems
1:Not moving
2:Not eating
3:Not drinking
4:Leaning to the his right side
5:Seems hot and feels hot
6:Seems ger weak
7:Losing ability to walk
8:Staying in a corner and not hardly blinking
PLEASE HELP ME IM ACUTALLY CRYING I DONT WANT HIM TO DIE EASE TELL ME HOW TO TREAT HIM AND POSSIBLY CURE HIM PPPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE
:tantrum:

If your chin is that bad off, NEVER post on a forum, get him to a vet. We cannot cure your chin over the internet. We have no idea what is going on. If this has been going on for two days, he should have been at the vet since yesterday.

If he is still alive, please, get him to a vet ASAP.

As Tunes already said, take your chin to a vet ASAP, it is the only chance your chin has. No one on here can help you at this point. It sounds like he might have heat stroke but it's impossible to know over the internet.

Overheated severely? Sorry, we can't help you diagnose your chin, but those are very serious signs. A chin will hide an illness, and by the time he shows signs of being ill, it can be too late.

I hope you got your chin to a vet asap, and best of luck to you and your chin.

Status update-2
He seems alive but still not moving eating or drinking and slightly twitching.Please can someone tell me a vet that's open in Sundays near or in moreno valley

10 min later
hes moving from level to level but now hes just sitting in the seccond floor corner

2 min later
hes back in a corner with all his conditions but he seems to not want to go to sleep

I hope you get him to a vet ASAP. Like Stacie said so a google search for emergency vets in your area. One of the first things I did before I got my girls was find a regular hours vet and an emergency vet for situations like this. It gives me peace of mind knowing I won't have to scramble if there is a problem. Hope everything works out.

How warm is it inside the house. They can't tolerate heat at all.

As already said, there are e-vets open on the weekend, and he can't wait until Monday. If you call your regular vet, the message might indicate a nearby e-vet that you can take your chin to. Hopefully that vet will be knowledgeable about chins, since they don't have the same requirements as rodents, as some vets unfortunately believe. Good to keep the vet's number on hand in case of future emergencies.

The op said he is in Moreno Valley. If that is the one in California, then there is an emergency vet in Grand Terrace, just off of the 91 freeway. the address i s 12022 La Cross Ave, Grand Terrace, ca 92313. The phone number i s 909-653-2255. Please get this chin in ASAP. If you are in So Cal, you are very close to me. My signature contains my email address. Feel free to email me if you need some help.

Last edited:
Don't know how else to say this, but YOU need to find vets in your area. There's not a whole lot else we can tell you over the internet.

Status update PST

We got him to the vet.He had severe overheating.

They gave him a shot for medicine.
The needle was too big.He didn't make it.......................AHHHHHHHHHHH! Rages

I had a chin pass this year due to over heating as well. After it happens, there is very little the vets can do at that point. :-/ I'm sorry for your loss.

Back