Chinchilla magazine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanln97

Cuddling Extraordinaire
This is horribly off-topic compared to my usual posts, but I have an assignment in school to make a magazine and I chose chinchillas as a topic.
I need three articles to entertain, three to inform, and three to persuade. Any suggestions? I'd also love to put some pictures of chins in there so if you're willing to email me some, PM me and I'll give you my email address.

For the entertaining articles, maybe you could do one with like interesting facts about chinchillas? Like how they can jump high into the air, they're from the Andes, sort of like factoids.... Maybe for the persuasion one, you could do like "why to buy from a breeder versus a pet store."

I can email you pictures, anything specific you would like? You can email me at [email protected] and I'll find some that work for you.

Last edited:
For entertainment, can you do a profile piece on a chinchilla or its owner? Like an interview. Persuading arguments could include why to not give treats or to give only healthy treats, that a chin does/does not need a wheel, or out of cage time, etc. Informative could be about diet, pelting and its impact on the industry, dust bathing and more!

For entertaining, perhaps some fun quirky things chins do, like fling poo, popcorn, wall surf, backflips, etc. Also, you could do something on chins in entertainment, such as cartoons, tv commercials, etc.

I think an good informational article would be involving the care chins need....and that while they are cute, they are not for everyone. Maybe admins or senior members here could help you with accurate info on that. I would bet that most members here would be willing to contribute pictures. I will publicly give you permission to use any I have here of Trixie....just PM me to let me know if you are using any.

For entertainment you should do a piece something like "life without chinchillas" going on to say how boring life without chins would be, no random poops in your clothes, never going out to have a friend point out you have a wood shaving or piece of hay stuck in your hair...

For entertainment you could do a piece on life from the chinchilla's point of view about how they control the human's life. :] Or about the new toy. Or about figuring out how to get out of the cage and outsmarting the human (and then the chinnie ends up back in the cage "of his own volition")
Persuasion pieces you could do 3 different cages "persuading" potential buyers to buy them and showing why they are better than the "other" cages. Or food...or toys...or whatever.
Informative, you could do the obvious background facts, information on the different mutations, healthy alternatives to treats, how to brush chins, or even a serious piece on rescue chins in your area.
My boys aren't super photogenic yet- they mostly give me the stinkeye when the camera comes out- but I'd be happy to help!

Still loving them! I've used one picture from here so far, that was from shieldsey22 (thanks!)
I have three articles so far, but there's two more days to get it done.

I don't have any suggestions for the articles. I did do a presentation on chinchilla reproduction and posted the powerpoint on a thread here...somewhere. It wasn't super awesome and I spelled breech wrong...twice, but it has references to papers and some little random facts you might find useful. You can use any pics I have on here or in my albums as well (the powerpoint has a credit for each image with the company name and website so you'd have to figure that out with your magazine). Probably won't help you but maybe. Also, some members have pretty informative sites with good info you could use. Usually the address is in their signature, I can't remember names of web sites at the moment.

As it turns out, I read the instructions wrong and I only needed nine titles and three articles. I did the persuasive on the FN 142, the entertainment on chins on tv, and the informative on the great tail debate. The cover was ruined after someone else glued theirs to mine, but, apart from that, I think it went well :)

Back