Chinchilla is angry at me

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelLovesBella

I have been handfeeding Bella and giving her meds lately. She used to just come to the cage the second the door opened, and she used to try to escape too.

Since I have been handfeeding she has turned into an angry chin. If I so much as reach into her cage she will bark at me. She mostly wants to hide in her hideout. I am getting concerned that she is going to turn into a mean and bitter chin.

Any advice on how to regain her trust? I do still need to handfeed her and give her meds. I am not sure how to get her to not be so angry at me. It is fine if she is mad at me for handfeeding her, but I don't want her anger at me to be permanent.

lots of love and scritches is what she needs. make time to open her cage and just give her a scritch or a treat, in between handfeedings and medication times. she'll come to realize that every time you are around it doesn't always mean something bad (in her eyes at least, lol).

Chins hate being hand fed for the most part--just like kids hate eating veggies. She will get over it

I hand fed a chin on and off for over 10 months. Sometimes he would get feisty and sometimes he would run to his house when I would open his cage but most of the time when he was eating on his own, he was back to his old sweet self. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, she'll get back to her old self in no time.

Thanks guys! I have tried to give her scritches and love, but she doesn't want anything to do with me right now. I have been giving her some space as well.

Yep, she will get over it! I had to hand feed Herby for months and she often would do the same things your Bella is doing. But after a while, she got used to it and now when she needs to en hand fed she comes to the bars and begs for the spoon and will often eat her CC out of a bowl now. But more importantly, she has turned into the most loving, adoring chin out of my 4.
So do not fear, her anger and moodiness is only temporary.

Latest posts

Back