Chinchilla help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waysidecorpse

Anti Mod
The local pet store doesn't provide me with a whole lot in terms of toys and food for my chinchilla boco, I was hoping someone here had a suggestion for an online substitute for chin goods.

Agreed! check out the master supplier list in the classifieds section! also the above commenter's (chinmama) website www.chinchillacity.com has tons of good stuff, i personally have ordered a few toys from there and they are great and ship really quickly!

Chinchilla City is a great site for cheep toys and goods! But if you are needing them right away, avoid anything plastic, make sure he has plenty of wood to chew on! petco and pet smart...any pet shop will usually sell wood specifically for Chins, and other small animals to chew on. I know my chin loves Apple wood sticks. Don't buy anything with corn. Hagingin wood toys are good as long as there is no glue or plastic on them....

Boco loves apple sticks as well, not sure if I should leave em
In after he chews the bark off or what but iv been removing them when he does, does anyone recommend anything for my spoiled chin?

Boco loves apple sticks as well, not sure if I should leave em
In after he chews the bark off or what but iv been removing them when he does, does anyone recommend anything for my spoiled chin?

You should try leaving the wood in his cage after he chews them down- after my chin eats all the bark off of her twigs each night, she'll set it aside for a while but will usually completely shred the stick during the night. Not all chins will do this obviously, but it might be worth a try! I only throw away the sticks once they've been shredded down to nothing, she barely wastes anything hehe.

Back