Chinchilla emergency!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

So today I was cleaning Cherie's cage & I put her in her carrier like always with food & I attached her water bottle to the front-well it usually leaks a little hen I first put it on but she was mad & kept chewing on the front of the carrier & the water bottle & apparently it leaked 1/3 of it's water in the front & now she is wet on her mouth down to the bottom of her two little hands!!!

I don't know how to get rid of it she is grooming & sneezing & I took her to the bathroom to blowdry it a little on a cool setting, but it wasn't really seeming to help & I didn't want to stress her to bad so I put her back in her cage-should I give her a dust bath? or am I just over reacting?? I don't think it got to her skin but it does look like its gonna matte if I don't get it dry? PLEASE ADVISE!:hair::tantrum:

towel the excess wetness....blow dryer on lowest cool setting and they can dust bath it will help the moisture...Mine decided to sleep under the water bottle and rub it last week and was all wet too....

chins do get wet at times I heard others here had it happen too

not sure this really qualifies as an emergency....its just water. when she calms down, try and pick her up and just dry her with a soft dry cloth or towel.

Ok lol I'm just a worry mom I guess, still kinda a newbie to chin owning, & trying to do everything right -_-

Chinny will be ok :) its the ones that stay wet and people dont dry that have issues....your doing the right things !

Back