Chinchilla Carrier/Travel Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z.feidelberg

Zander
Right now I have a plastic cat carrier that I use to transport my Chinchilla. I was wondering if I should buy a metal cage such as this one from quality cage company. I was also wondering if I got that cage could I also use it if I were to travel with my Chin or should I get something bigger like this cage. The reason I want to know is because the old cage that I used to use for my Chinchilla is a big plastic Marchioro 120 cage.

Transporting a chinchilla in a cage is not a good idea. The smaller the transport carrier, the better. If you were to make a sudden stop, the chin could be thrown further in a larger carrier. You also do not want the chin jumping around and such when you are moving.

You could buy one of those cages to use as a temporary cage once you stop somewhere, but like I said, you need something small for them to travel in for their safety.

I would never transport a chin in an actual cage, I would use a metal or wire carrier. You can get really nice carriers at chinchillas.com, from Chins to Go, and from several other places. As Stack explained, large cages are an ccident waiting to happen. Smaller cages are safer and the chins are comfortable and generally just sleep in them.

Here's an appropriate carrier from QC: Single Carrier. I actually just got a second one of these and they are nice in person. You could put some fleece or bedding in there to make it comfy.

I have to agree though that the smaller the better for the reasons others have posted and we are going to get a show cage soon.

Just a heads up, the show cages don't have solid bottoms so you will need something to go under it..otherwise you will have poop and pee everywhere. ;)

Another reason why I like carriers with handles is because I can put the seatbelt through it to keep the carrier in place.

I like the Ryersons carriers. If you plan on traveling during the day, your chin will be sleeping anyway. They barily drink or eat and that is if they do any of it during the day.

my question isnt about carriers persay but for like a good temporary cage for travel because i don't have anyoneto care for my chin while i go on vacation so i wanted to know if there is a good travel cage a colapseable one if possible

Latest posts

Back