Chinchilla cage help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillathechinchilla

So about 6 months ago I got my very first chin. I started off with a starter cage.

Since then she has grown a lot, and though all the Reno I did, her cage is small for her now. I would love to get her the FN or CN because I will soon be relocating her in my house and she will have her own room to herself. The problem is that I can't afford the cage.

Is it possible that I can add on to the cage she owns now to make it taller? I was thinking of buying those storage cubes and clipping them to the bottom to add height. Is this a good idea?

Thanks
-soph&chin

I think there are many ways to add custom to an existing cage but maybe if you look around and if cost is an issue check the used adds in your area too....there are cheaper or in some cases free cages ......
I just know because I customized my cage and was so bummed, and I could have had a store bought cage for cheaper minus the long time it took I ended up spending way more on it because I also did the sides in wire so cats could not put there paws in there in anyway....by the time I did materials it was 100 just for those not to mention the cage I bought..
what kind of storage cubes were you thinking about using? maybe someone can help with ideas

Yup I would check Craigslist, or put a post on here in the wanted section maybe someone has an extra one. Another option that I have given is you can go to my site, and I offer a layaway option at no charge if you want a new one. My site is here. Either way hope I helped!

I wish i had known you did lay a way lol i may buy a cage from you in the near future.

I would just look into buying a Ferret Nation. I got a loan from my dad because I figure it's the best cage out there and I won't ever have to buy another one :) It will last forever.
Oh and storage cubes are a big no-no for chins, way too big of holes.

Latest posts

Back