Chinchilla bowl?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alex~

So I found this adorable little ceramic bowl at my work today and was wondering if I could use this as my chinchillas bowl? Do you guys think I will have to worry about the paint?

Its a bowl safe for humans to eat out of and so I was thinking it be ok. (I bought it because it was very cheap so even if I cant use it its no biggie)

It stands at 2" tall and the diameter is about 3 and 1/2". Heres pictures~

028.jpg

029.jpg

sorry that the pictures are a little fuzzy my camera isnt the best in anyway haha

I would say if a human could eat out of it then a chinchilla could too. I have ceramic bowls that I tend to use for my other rodents that are ceramic when my sister buys new sets.

It says it is made in china, is dishwasher and microwave safe and all it says for the paint is "Hand Glazed" with a big BIA in a circle.

i would say ceramics are fine, but as far as i know glazed, painted clays are not.

i also have a ceramic bowl for my chins.

there is one thing you want to keep in mind tho that not a lot of people think about... once ceramic cracks the inside of those cracks are great places for bacteria to live and are not easily washed away ... i throw out any ceramic food dishes with cracks for this reason... my cats old ceramic dish would have been an excellent example of this.
other wise i believe ceramic is fine for chins :thumbsup:

If it's ceramic and food-safe, then I would say it's fine. But I'm with melbur on the glazed painted clays.

Cute bowl. Sounds like the perfect size for a food bowl. I also use small ceramic ramekins for my chins, although mine are boring compared to yours. :D

I couldnt tell the difference if it was clay or ceramic (they are very similar it would seem) so I didnt use it, plus I dig the bowl he came with more since it mounts to his cage wall and I put it on the top shelf of his cage so he doesnt poop in it~ so now Im using it as a little place to throw in earrings or change~ So perfect haha xD

Back