Chinchi not pooping...advice please

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinChiq

I noticed today that my new girl Chinchi has not pooped all day. She has been eating and drinking as far as I can tell. She is active and alert and seems to have no other symptoms. I read though a bunch of old posts here and I am guessing that the stress from moving to our home has caused some gut problems. I was given all of her food and hay from her old home and have not changed anything in her diet.

I am going to go get gas drops for her as soon as I finish this post. I will keep a very close eye on her and call the vet in the morning if I don't see improvement. Any additional advice that I can get would be greatly appreciated!

When I want to check on poo output, I put the chin in the bathtub, close the shower doors and leave it there for a 1/2 hour-if a chin can poo it will poo there.

When I got home from the store with the gas drops last night, I went right in to give them to Chinchi. When she hopped off her ledge to come see me, there was a pile of poops left behind. All normal in size and consistency. I think the little stinker just wanted to make me worry enough to go out at 9pm on Sunday in 16 degree weather!

Since she hadn't pooped most of the day I gave her the drops anyway. When I checked her this morning, there was a good amount of poops in her cage. I think she is doing just fine but I gave her more drops before leaving for work just in case. This girl is going to keep me on my toes for sure!

Yes mini heart attack is right! I've had two really bad situations happen and I'm the most paranoid chin parent ever now. Just yesterday I was freaking out about my chins eye boogers, but they are gone now.. Must've been irritation from his dust bath earlier in the week. I even called the vet. Sheesh.. It's hard when they hide illness so well. Any little thing and we panick. :)

Latest posts

Back