Chin wont move! Plz help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davey

my chin has been ok all day, then i seen him sitting in the corner where he pee's and knew there was summit wrong because he NEVER sits in that corner, i was saying his name (which he normaly answers too) and put my finger into the cage and give him a nudge and he never moved iv been tryin to move him but he wont move and hes been letting me stroke parts of him he wouldnt normaly like the back next to the tail, i rattled his treat bag which he normally sticks his face through the bars for (not literaly) and nothing, anybody have any ideas?

We can not help him on a forum, he needs a E-vet now! Chins don't live long in critical cond without medical help. Please let us know what is wrong

as people say, you need a vet.It may be the hot weather we are having at the moment. I heard of a chin in the UK that probably died of it yesterday.

hes started moving/reacting to things ie treat bag ect. and just looks normal, i know they are very good at hiding theyre illness but could this not just have been a chin being daft? he normaly does this just not to the extent of ignoreing the treat bag, but like i say hes jumping around and playing our chase my hand around the cage game lol hes eating his hay iv just put in, could possibly just be a bit down or unwell due to our stupid weather we are having, if he needs to go then he will be took just want to try make sure it defo is needed as a vet visit will stress him right out! he only lets me hold or go anywhere near him

No one can say if he was being daft or not. Yes I hear England is around 90 degrees right now. Does the chin have air cond? How hot is it where he is. It does sound like a poss heat stroke. Get a frozen water bottle wrapped in fleece in his cage and find someone who has A/C so he can stay there until this is over.

How is this chin now?
Do you have cooling methods for him with the current heat we're having in the UK?
Were his ears red?
If your chin is overheated he may well be listless & lethargic - he needs to be in a room that is no more than 20C.

as already asked, how hot was the room that your chin is in? He may very well have been overheated. Do you have an air conditioner in the room with your chin? I hope he continues to improve and act normally for you. If he seems off again, I wouldn't hesitate to get him to a vet.

thanks everyone! :) i think i just panic a lil too much over me baby lol i have air con for him and hes ok, sorry to worry anybody! like i said he does have a tendancy to play a stupid game where he will just sit there staring into space then all of a sudden dash about his cage, backflipping and wall surfing lol it was just hed never took it as ar as ignoreing the treats the lil bugger. however i am booking him in for a check up, could anybody give me any tips on making the vet trip as less stressful as possible??

oh and his ears were not red so couldnt hae been heatstroke, air con is used too, i think i have the wierdest chin on the planet lol im gonna record it nevt time lol also does any1 know how long a fur slip takes to grow back? and once agen thank you all so much

Latest posts

Back