chin with swollen, red-coloured pennis and hurt on its top

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free roam in a room with no supervision is a really bad idea. Chins should be closely supervised anytime they are out of their cages.

So the brother is just living in the room, NOT in a cage? How is he getting water? Is there a water bottle hung up somewhere for him to drink from? How big is this room? What sort of furniture is in there? Is there a carpet?

he was living in the room for about a week..the room is normal in size, with no carpet or furniture.there's just a built into the wall closet, α metal desk and a chair.And i've put his wooden nest there, some toys, food and water. That's why i guessed that it's just a burn from the radiator.

Free roam in a room with no supervision is a really bad idea. Chins should be closely supervised anytime they are out of their cages.

the room was quite empty and the vet advised me to separate them that's why he was left there by himself. the only object that could harm him was the radiator as it appeared. I tried to isolate the radiator cause he enjoyed to go near it but i couldn't find a way to. Now they are back together in the cage and i stopped giving the other one Baytril in his water as some of you advised me to. They are both energetic and happy, but i'm still worried about their problems. :/ I visited the vet again, he took some photos and he sent them to an English vet who knows about exotics. So now i'm just providing them all my love, clean the cage every day and wait for him to call and tell me what the English vet suggested.

It is possible your chins have ringworm - it can 'attack' the tips of the ears, causing scabs & looks like a normal wound - chins will often 'clean' a wound by nibbling it & it's not always a sign of aggression. The missing hair & flaky skin on your chin's paws & under the chin can also be signs of ringworm - ask the vet to check for that.

I would swap the sawdust for newspaper at the moment & clean the base of the cage with white vinegar & water (50/50 dilution) just in case they are reacting to either the sawdust (unlikely but possible) or the detergent wipes you are using.

Please let us know how you get on at the vets.

ok, i'll try the solution with the vinegar, but won't the newspaper be harmful to them? won't they bite it??
I brought them both to the vet yesterday, he examined Fluffy's penis and found out that the problem occurs to the foreskin of the penis, and not the whole penis. He insisted again that he cannot see a fur ring, and then took Fluffy and Muffin some photos in order to send them to a friend of him who is an english vet who knows about exotic animals. So i guess i have to wait for the reply.. :/
Thank you all guyz for your replies and your interest for my babies!

but who knows if the same happens in greece?! :/ As concerns Fluffy's paws, i've read in forums about vitamin E cream, hibitaine and neosperin cream.. Have you heard something about all these stuff? do you think i should use any of them and if so, from where can i buy them?

You can use vitamin E oil on his paws. It won't hurt him if he licks it off. Do not use the Neosporin on his feet. It has antibiotics in it that he doesn't need. You can find vitamin E oil at the grocery or drug store.

Oh, and you can use plain white paper towels instead of newspaper if you are worried about the ink.

You can use vitamin E oil on his paws. It won't hurt him if he licks it off. Do not use the Neosporin on his feet. It has antibiotics in it that he doesn't need. You can find vitamin E oil at the grocery or drug store.

Oh, and you can use plain white paper towels instead of newspaper if you are worried about the ink.

thank you very much!!
i'll buy the vitamin straight away!!

hey again..my chins seem to feel better..but i'm waiting for the vet's reply too. Today, as i was checking them, i found out that Muffin's ear (the one that was bitten), seemed like it was starting to miss some fur from it's base..I had to blow the fur away to notice it. So now i'm worried about fungus, ringworm or something like that! I've also read that if it's fungus it can also impart his brother or myself!!! :/

Last edited:
Back