chin weird behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shopaholic0514

So I've had Nemo for 4 years and lately he is not himself anymore.
Clue 1: He changed his favorite sleeping spot.
Clue 2: He is a big one and he tried to squeez underneath the coffee table and the couch during play time, they are only about 2 inches high and he just stays down there the whole time during play time and bark, (warning bark) he never barks, the problem is, he is one of those super quiet chins, I honestly barely hear him before.
Clue 3: He used to be pretty intimate with me, let me pet him, hold him. But lately, he wouldn't want me to touch him, its like he doesn't know me, he runs away when I reach over and he doesn't enjoy massages anymore, really odd.

So, he's eating right and still as active, but what's wrong with him???

Oh, I recently introduced him to his new mate, they get along pretty well, but could his behavior relate to the change in his life?

He is probably just going thru 'a stage'. If he is eating, pooping and drinking fine then just give him some extra attention in the cage (talking to him). He will probably snap out of it. Chins are like people some times - they have their moods

I would say it was the intro as well. Has he bonded with the other chin? Sometimes it seems your bond is not as strong once they have another chin to bond with.

I agree that they "dont need your affection " as much when they have a buddy. Since I had to seperate my boys due to fighting...they are both more loving with me!

Latest posts

Back