Chin throwing things at you

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ysy

Does your chin throw things at you to get your attention?

I know I sound daft but I swear one of mine does it. I have 3 girls in separate cages, 2 next to each other and one on a shelf above. Recently, Lancy, my youngest girl who stays on her own above has started throwing things at me to get my attention when I'm sitting on the floor talking to my 2 other girls.

Initially it was poops. I'll feel something touch my hair, looked down, saw a single poop, looked up and saw Lancy looking down at me from her shelf. Originally I thought it was probably an accident and she had probably swiped the poop off her shelf when she jumped up. But now, she's throwing pellets. Yes pellets. She must be throwing it, because I'll always look up and see her looking at me from her shelf. Her food bowl is on the floor of the cage on the other side - so she must have brought it up, aimed and threw! The little rascal!

My hedgehog doesn't throw things at me but he throws things around his cage when he's mad at me (like if his food bowl has too many crumbs or he didn't get any mealworms with that meal). He makes a big ruckus in the middle of the night to wake me up and make me take care of him.

ysy, thats so cute how she throws pellets. my pebbles has thrown wood sticks at me when shes done with it and i could be kidding with her and give it back she will throw it at me, saying im done chewing all the bark off!

:rofl:Oh yes and they have very good scores for accuracy! I told my husband I was going to enter Eeyore into the "Top Shots" show. That boy can land a poo in my hair at 8 feet away! My boys are in my computer room. I no longer drink out of open cups/cans in there since I have found (and at least once that I dare remember,actually consumed) a chinnie poo in my Diet Mtn Dew! Steve told me I just need to learn to drink coffee with cream and 1 lump or two(of poo that is)!:laughitup:

Back