Chin stopped taking gas drops

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macaroni and Chiz

Animal obsessed
So I have been giving my chin gas drops cause she is slightly bloated. She has been taking them no problem the last two days. Then today when I tried to give them to her, she refused. Sniffed it, turned her head away, rubbed her nose and walked off. I tried giving it to her a few times a day but she just wont take em!! All of a sudden it is the grossest thing on earth! All she does is turn away from the dropper or pushes it with her paw. I need to give her these so what can I do??

You have to force her to take them. Most people burrito the chin in a towel with just there head sticking out. Then you put a drop on her lips and she licks it off... repeat until the full dropper is given.

^I agree with that. Also, if this is one of the chins you're asking for advice about introducing to another chin on another thread, personally I would hold off until she's healthy again.

Okay thanks both of you!! I will be sure to stop the introduction until im certain she is healthy, and I will do the towel thing.

Back