Chin sounds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessVH92

Hi again all
So I have had my chin since August and she is normally pretty quite, and will rarely bark.
The last 2 nights at about the same time she has been making quite the conversation, and I'm not sure why, she sounds sort of like a sneeze mixed with a guinea pig squeak. Any thoughts?

The last 2 nights I have been up later than I was for the last 2 weeks. But I do not think that's a factor.

Our boys make all kinds of noises now, but for the first 6 months we had them they were relatively quiet. Your chin could just be getting comfortable, though the noise you're describing isn't one that I recognize per se. Ours will squeak lightly when happy, or make this more guttural sounding 'squeak' in quick succession if they're separated or wanting attention. They also bark in their sleep if they have a nightmare! They can make all manner of noises, hopefully she's just gotten comfortable & is trying to talk to you :)

Are you sure that you aren't hearing sounds you normally miss because you are asleep? My girls are usually the loudest around 2 or 3 am. I am rarely up at that time anymore but when I wasn't working steady I'd be up and hear them. For some reason odd sounds outside will wake me up but chins running on wheels will not...

Latest posts

Back