Chin Size & Weight?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaLoves

Dottie & Lolah's Mommy!
I was wondering if its normal for chins to weigh different depending on age?
I have a chinchilla named Dottie who is around 4 years old, and her baby who's name is Lolah and 6 months old.
Lolah and Dottie are the same size but Lolah seams much more plump than Dottie. Dottie isnt skinny by any means but more slender than her daughter. She eats.. A LOT lol and is healthy and everything but she just doesnt seam as fat and plump as my other girl.
Is this normal for chins to be plump or slender?

Yes, it is normal. Chins come in all different shapes and sizes. I have an 8 month old that's 700 grams who out weighs my 5 year old who is 600 grams.

Quick question about weighing chins - how do you get them to stay on the scale? I have a flat digital scale for my hedgies and I cannot get Pebbles to stay put! Any tricks??

I give a treat for getting on the scale. It's the only time they ever get an extra treat and have to wait until they sit still to get it. So far all three caught on pretty quickly.

I use a treat, too. Most of the time, however, I just put them on the scale and block them from getting off with my hands.

Put them in a small carry case and get the weight, then subtract the weight of the case.

Back