Chin sitting advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuji9991

Hello can you share for me what you typically do if you have to leave town for a few days. Are their services that will come to your home and help keep the cage clean and check food and water? Do you take your chinchilla with you in a small travel cage?

If I am gone for 1 overnight I just feed and water before I leave. I leave early afternoon and back before noon the next day. If I am gone longer than that I will have our son water, feed, and make sure everything is fine.

I do know that some people will have someone come over or bring the animals to their house.

For chin sitting I would have it written that the owner is responsible for all vet bills if something happens, a dollar amount by the day, week, month, etc. Owner should bring feed, water bottle, etc.

We have someone come over and feed and water the chins. We usually get and older teenager or someone a little bit older. We have a few people in the area we can rely on.

We are visiting my girlfriends parents and have decided to take her along for the adventure. I am going to get a travel sized cage and we will be gone for 4 days or so. I also have a carrying case for her when she goes to the vet. I think I will have her ride in the care in the carry case and then set up the cage when we get to our destination.

We are asking some friends if they would be interested in helping us watch her if we end up going to a non-chin friendly destination.

Back