Chin setup for the summer!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahKay

Mother of Zeb and Roo
So it's nothing fancy, but the chinchillas have been moved to the basement for the summer with snazzy, updated cages.
Here's a general shot:
DSC_0022.jpg

The BEAUTIFUL pink marble I managed to get for $2 a square foot. It's kind of big for the cage, but I figured it would suffice for the time being.
DSC_0028.jpg

The incredibly fashionable fleece liners I made to tie in with my zebra theme:
DSC_0031.jpg

(I also made matching water bottle covers!)

Roo wanted to know what was going on
DSC_0047.jpg

And Zeb got a bit curious too!
DSC_0060.jpg

To do this all, I kind of took over a corner of the basement (you can see all the chinchilla supplies rammed onto the computer desk in the corner). I'm going to be in Peru for six weeks and my mother will have chinchilla duty so I wanted to make sure there was a completely escape-proof run space for them so that she can let them out and then catch them again easily for cage cleaning and dusting.
DSC_0061.jpg

Another view of the chin pen! It's a bit ghetto-ized because what I ended up doing was wrapping blankets around a dog pen we already had (the chins can fit through the wires) but it has been tested and proven! Now I just need to accessorize the play area and we're good for the rest of the summer. :)
DSC_0063.jpg

I'm going to be in Peru for six weeks and my mother will have chinchilla duty so I wanted to make sure there was a completely escape-proof run space for them so that she can let them out and then catch them again easily for cage cleaning and dusting.

I'm going on vacation and my mom will have chin duty too, so I was lining the room my chinchilla runs around in with cardboard. That way my mom won't have to worry about Jazzy (chin) chewing the base boards. XD
The cage looks good, though! And the picture of Roo is adorable, and Zeb too. :)

I had to stick with the little playpen because a whole room for them wasn't as practical as I wanted it to be, haha. I like how the mothers of the world always have to pick up slack! :D

And thank you from the chinchillas!

Latest posts

Back