Chin-proofing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButIlovehim

Anyone have good tips for chin proofing wall baseboards/crown moulding along walls?

I used to let my chin have the run of the living room and my bedroom. I got a new living room chair that's not safe for him, so I moved playtime to my bedroom only. When playtime begins, within minutes, he gets antsy and sits by the door staring out and trying to chew the bedroom door and wall--all because he wants out to the living room so bad. What can I do to make him enjoy his more limited play area...or is it too late now that he's tasted more freedom than my bedroom has to offer?
:hmm:

Cardboard....lots and lots of cardboard

my apartment becomes cord paper Jurassic Park at playtime.

:-/

They are smart.

I ended up putting fleece around the walls in the chin room. Held up with poplar wood. - My chins would eat the cardboard so i couldnt do that.

well fleece had its issues as well. I had lined the walls with fleece and used poplar boards as trim to hold it up. (good bit of work to do) Trouble is it doesnt come down easily, so cleaning it is hard. When i moved i tried lining my wall with a linoleum using poplar as a trim to hold it up. At least that i can wash.

I had bought the foam poster board from the dollar store- it was 4.00 a board at AC Moore. I needed a lot- works well. BUT- I'm going to get "whiteboard" dry erase board- from Home Depot or Lowe's. It's my sons chin and I clean the room daily. I find small amounts of urine on the foam board. The dry erase board is water repellent.

Back