Chin Pooing times?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whiskers387

DO chins poop less in there sleep or do they poo at all? I may be wrong but i dont seem to notice to many poos when she is just resting, i know this is a dumb question, im just trying to be safe.

And YEY!! My baby's room is 66 degrees now thanks to my new portable air conditioner which is loud and cold in my room haha, maybe i should move Whiskers to a different room

My guess is that a chin poops most when it is awake and active. I find poo in my chin's hidey house, but she does spend a lot of time in there awake. Really, there is a trail of poo everywhere!

Where did you get your a/c unit? I need to get one but I won't need it for awhile. Summers aren't that hot in NW WA.

My guess is that a chin poops most when it is awake and active. I find poo in my chin's hidey house, but she does spend a lot of time in there awake. Really, there is a trail of poo everywhere!

Where did you get your a/c unit? I need to get one but I won't need it for awhile. Summers aren't that hot in NW WA.

Craigslist, its alright, the coolness factor works greeat, just the remote was missing and the sleep thing to turn off atfer a certain time is not working either so i may have to move my baby to another room but at least she is cool now

Concerning poop, they barely poop during the day I found. When I had to bring some for analysis to my vet, I found it difficult to get anything from them during daytime even though I had them running around for a while.

Mine poo ALL THE TIME....even when they are sleeping....it fills their hammock.....or maybe it just seems like all the time with 10 chins....What do the ranchers do with all the poo???? I have a lot with 10 chins I can only imagine what 200+ chins are like?

Lol, I have 100+ chins, and they fill 4 garbage cans a week with poo/shavings. I just KNOW our garbage man hates us, he always leaves our cans in the middle of the road or tipped over...lol. They are so heavy, we had to go buy heavy duty garbage cans with lids that have wheels. Thank goodness I have a nice, strong hubby to take out the garbage for me!

Sesame poos all the time. When she's sleeping, there's just a mountain of poo underneath her... You can really tell where she was sleeping on the ledges because of the piles.

My boys poop all the time. 15 minutes in the bathroom for playtime and it's a minefield. Luckily my one boy sleeps on his litter pan, it has a grid to keep him out of the bedding, it's a scatter-proof pan, but he fills that pan. They really poop whenever I'm trying to do a hair ring check, whenever I turn them over there's a poop coming out. I'm actually saving some of their poop for my potted plants, I used rabbit poop in my garden one year and got 10 foot tall tomato plants, I got about 20 full size tomatoes a day that summer. :thumbsup:

Mine poop all the time as well, though I do notice it is a lot less when they are less active (so during the day when they are sleeping). If I take them out for playtimes during the day, they leave less mess to clean up as compared to at night.

So glad to hear you got your a/c for the little one. I'll bet he's really happy! Lots of
poop is good anytime!! With the missing remote-can you look online and buy one from
the company or other?

Back