Chin Not Talking...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he's never been very talkative he is just probably very quiet. My chin doesnt talk very much at all, he's mostly a action chin. It's very rare that I hear him speak. Unless theres been a drastic change I wouldnt worry about it.

Every chin is different~ some are way more vocal than others! :)

My Momo is the same way. Starting at around 4pm he is go go go.... But he rarely ever makes a noise.

If he's never been very talkative he is just probably very quiet. My chin doesnt talk very much at all, he's mostly a action chin. It's very rare that I hear him speak. Unless theres been a drastic change I wouldnt worry about it.

Every chin is different~ some are way more vocal than others! :)

One of my chins is very quiet, my another one is very talkative, he talks and runs at the same time, talks and humps at the same time too :hilarious:

my boys are absolute mutes unless i'm giving attention to one, then the other peeps in what i call their 'jealous voice', lol.

Mine... talk to each other, it's actually kind of adorable. They go nose to nose and make these little squeak/chirp type sounds, like they're having a private conversation. Pixie also barks occasionally. Trixie only ever barked at me when she was on the ride home and Pixie barked first. Occassionally I also hear what I call "alert" sounds. They aren't exactly like irritated sounds like a bark.. but it's this little sound they make when they're unsure of something. I think it's the sound they'd have made in the wild to say "hey other chinchillas... I think there might be something dangerous... keep your heads down".

Back