Chin not right.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessachu20

Hello. I know this is not the vets and I will be taking my little neko to one as soon as I can but I'd like at least some ideas at what could be wrong with my chinchilla. or to help till i get him to one.
His name is neko and he's normally very active trying to bite you thru the bars and grunts.
now all of a sudden he's acting lethargic. .not wanting to move, closeing his eyes not making any sounds and doesn't care to be held which he is never fond of. .
he has never had any problems before and eats his obox and hay like no tomrrow he is on the smaller side but I have not weighed him before or have i noticed any of his haibits changing.
please if you can give me some advice to maybe perk him up untill i get him to the vet i'd apperciate it.

Can you get him to another vet? Or an after hours/emergency vet? It sounds like the lil guy needs to be seen as soon as possible.

I would get him in as soon as possible. Chins can go down hill fairly quickly. Is there an ER vet nearby that could see him?

Is he pooping? Do they look normal?

Yeeeah, lethargy is bad bad bad. Get him to the exotic ER as soon as possible, as the members before me just said. Do you have critical care on hand?

Sadly my little boy didn't make it to the vets, he passed away before I could get him there.
I don't have critical care on hand.. what does that consist of so I can maybe prepare it for preperation for my other two chins I don't want something like this to happen again.

I'm so sorry, Tess. =(

Critical Care is made by Oxbow, you can't make it yourself. I saw it on Amazon.com the other day or you can usually get it from a vets office.

Thank you. I do beileve I shall invest in some. I really should have been more prepared in case of emergencies, I will not make the same mistake twice. . I know some things cant be helped but still. =/

Back