Chin making a big mess outside of cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenMcStay

Chillamom
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding a certain product that I have seen online somewhere. I cannot locate it anymore, and was wondering whether or not any of you know of a similar product that I can use. My chinchilla continually kicks her bedding out of her cage, causing a huge mess on the ground underneath the cage. Is there any type of extra large litter pan with high sides that I can set the cage in to minimize the amount of litter being dispersed on the floor? I know I have seen something like that on the internet before, but cannot find the site anymore. If anyone has some suggestions let me know!!

Thanks so much!
-Lauren

Bass Equipment makes nice metal pans that fit the Ferret Nation cages, but I don't know what kind of cage you have. A lot of people have these, though: http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx

I have one, and it's very nice. I use fleece though, so it's really more to keep stray poops in.

Also, if you order from their California store you can request deeper pans, maybe 4 inches? I'm not sure; someone else can help you out with this!

Latest posts

Back