Chin look Ok?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeonNephilim

I was looking at getting this chin. its a 2 year old male supposedly,but does he look kinda small? :/

Attachments

• 20121005_150335.jpg
    20121005_150335.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20121005_150357.jpg
    20121005_150357.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 80
He looks greasy as he** and neglected, but size doesn't mean much. He could just be out of small parents or it could be because he was never given the proper nourishment to grow. He seems friendly as heck, so if you like him, go for it.

My small guy is just as awesome as my other boys. Looks like he could use a good dust bath and a loving home! Looks like a sweet little guy!!

Well, I dont care if he's small. I just dont wanna get a chinchilla that might have severe health issues. I personally haven't seen him yet, since its a far drive to get him.

We can't tell health from a picture. It would be a great skill though! Being small can be due to a ton of things, small genetics, poor food, parasites... he seems to have a great personality.

he definitely looks very small to me for a 2yo. But that that could be due to a number of things that everyone else mentioned.

He looks greasy as he** and neglected, but size doesn't mean much. He could just be out of small parents or it could be because he was never given the proper nourishment to grow. He seems friendly as heck, so if you like him, go for it.

Yea, it looks like he could use one heck of a nice sand bath. And from that picture he does appear to be a friendly chin'

Well, I dont care if he's small. I just dont wanna get a chinchilla that might have severe health issues. I personally haven't seen him yet, since its a far drive to get him.
As for severe health issues -- he's not drooling (second pic, chin area looks dry) so he doesn't appear to have malo. However, that's no guarantee for the future, and from purely looking at him, it could be hard to tell if anything else is going on. For example, if he wasn't eating, you wouldn't be able to tell that from a picture. At the rescue, we got in a chin that they swore up and down was healthy... and he looked fine... but wasn't eating. Course, they swore they didn't notice. But anyway, he looks like he could use a dust bath, or several, but other than that looks ok.

Latest posts

Back