chin kisses? i think not o.O

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellemonster

so when i was tying up calistas water bottle i was resting my head on drakensteins cage. well hes always been a feisty little guy. well first he was playing with my hair so when i tilted my head up my nose was next to the bars. he reached out and bit my nose!. hes such a little jerk but its part of his charm. how do you guys get your chinnie kisses i feel jealous. all he wants from me is a treat wood or hay. and only then does he let me pet and give him scritches. any other time he will bit me and shove my hand away. *sigh* i guess ill probably just have to get use to it. ive had him for 3 years dont think hes gunna change lol

Aww... Was it actually biting or just a gentle nibble? That could be his own way of giving you chinnie kisses? Mine do that somtimes.. I wouldn't worry about it. All chins have their own personality and yours happens to bite things that come through the cage bars.. LOL, lots of chins do that. My two girls seem to only want treats/wood from me but they have their own "special" way of showing love which is basically, "FEED ME! FEED ME!". Your chin does love you, trust me :)

I think if he was actually biting, you wouldn't be writing such a nice post about him (lol). Maybe nibbling is a sign of affection in his mind.

My chins kiss with nibbles, on command and on their own. Since they groom each other the same way, I didn't want to discourage the behavior just because I'm a different species. Maybe he was just grooming you. Was it light or hard?

Rhino likes to groom me a bit roughly sometimes, lol. i use a firm voice and say 'gentle' and that tends to make him be a bit less rough. i am sporting a lil owie on my ear from his rather vigorous grooming the other day though! :rofl:

My chinchilla doesn't like to kiss but he's been getting a lot more friendly lately and will climb all over me and use my arm as a perch during playtime. He's always up for scritches too. And whenever I put my hand in the cage to clean or rearrange things, he jumps on it to give it vigorous "love". lol

it was a rather hard bite but definatly not the hardest ive gotten from him. i think ive learned that his mean attitude is just him. hes such a jerk that it makes him cute. i consider him my grumpy old man lol. he probably just didnt want my nose next to him when he chilling on his perch lol. i tried to see how calista would do when i put my nose next to her and she gave me gentle nibbles. i guess if i really want the chin kisses ill just hold one of my chinnie babies that loves to cuddle and kiss on me. 2 weeks old and all it wants to do when i put my hand in is to hop up and cuddle with me:)
for the most part he wants nothing to do with me

Rhino also likes to lick me sometimes, but not if i've just finished washing dishes. guess he doesn't care for melon scented dish soap after-smell, lol!

aww i think ive been licked maybe once by one of my chinnies but definatly not from draken. ive never really put any lotion on then tried handling the chinnies. i wonder how they would act

I'm not allowed to touch them if I just washed dishes, did my nails, removed nail polish or used any overly fragrant soaps or lotions. Same goes for the scents of cortizone, neosporin, toothpaste, coffee, citrus fruits, mouthwash and just about every hair product I own. If I happen to eat anything that they don't like and then I talk to them, they furiously brush their hand against their nose before running away in disgust to hide from me. Through experimentation, I've learned that they're fine with the smell of Jergen's Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer and 5 Gum, so I buy both in bulk. *lol*

My little Diesel just did that to me this morning too! Bit me right on the nose, and I think it was a curious sort of bite and not meant to be loving or mean.
Dash will climb on top of my head and since I have a lot of ear piercings he'll chew on the backs of all of my earrings. lol. I try to make him stop right away but theyre all mangled at this point anyway. lol

Both of mine like to nibble on my nose, and kind of...just touch noses with mine--like Eskimo kisses?

But boy, when Sappho wants to bite hard, my god. She has literally tried on more than one occasion to pull my nail off my finger....I think she thinks it's wood, :rofl:

it wasnt really a nibble or anything on my nose. i think he was doing his "mom leave the heck alone i just wanna sit on my perch!" thing. my little baby ones give kisses tho. oh so you get manicures from your babies as well?

Only from Sappho, the little devil. My bf's all but decided to stop petting her, cause that's the first thing she tries to do. Lao Tsu--my boy--prefers to chew on his chewies. The way it SHOULD be, ;)

Latest posts

Back